Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Reasons I Prefer Wearing Contact Lenses Over Glasses

It's hard for me to believe that I have been wearing contact lenses for about 15 years, starting when I was in secondary school.

can see better when I wear my contacts
It's true! My husband, who wears glasses, does not believe me when I tell him this. But according to the optometrist (who has a similar prescription as me and who also prefers wearing contact lenses) you can see better when you wear contacts because they are directly on your eye.


Applying make-up much harder without wearing my contacts
When I wear my glasses, it usually means I am very tired or not feeling well or just too lazy to put my contacts in, which means I'm not puttin' on makeup. The few times I had to wear glasses and wear make-up, it was a disaster! I am nearly blind without contacts or glasses so when I put on my make-up, I have to have my face right up to the mirror so I can kinda see what I'm doing.
Usually before I start the process of putting on make-up, I have to have everything laid out on the counter because if I try to dig through my drawer to find the make-up, I end up grabbing the eyeliner instead of the lipstick and eye shadow instead of blush.


My glasses fog up on me
Whether it's right after a hot shower, taking something hot out of the stove or coming inside from the cold, my glasses fog up on me causing temporary blindness.It's impossible to avoid going out in the cold and equally impossible not to frequently come inside to warm back up again


Wearing sunglasses is much easier while wearing contacts
Another weather-related reason in which I prefer wearing contacts over glasses. Although the sun rarely seems to come out these days, it is so much easier to wear sunglasses while wearing contacts.
I do know some people who wear sunglasses over their glasses but they have to be pretty big sunglasses and there are some people whose glasses automatically adjust to the light. For me when it's bright and sunny I prefer to wear my contacts with a cool pair of shades blocking out the light.


I'm always pushing my glasses back up on my nose
Maybe I just need to get them adjusted but my glasses always seem to be falling down on my nose. It seems that every five minutes or so, I am pushing them back up where they belong.



I feel more confident when wearing my contacts
I hope this doesn't sound vain but I really do feel better about my appearance when I'm wearing contacts as opposed to wearing my glasses. If I have to be in front of a group of people or have an important meeting, I just feel more confident wearing my contacts instead of my glasses. There are some people I think look better wearing glasses and I know there are those who like to wear glasses just to change up their look but this just isn't me!

Glasses vs. Contacts

To me, wearing glasses is more of a pain than anything. Although I'm sure there are others who feel just the opposite. I know one thing for sure - not having to wear glasses or contacts would be great! I can't imagine what it would be like to open my eyes in the morning and be able to see clearly!
I know of several people who have had lasik eye surgery and have said it is worth it. This too has its pros and cons - my optometrist said she would never have the surgery because one little slip and she might not have any vision at all. I think if I could afford it though, I would do it.

For those who have perfect vision and don't even have to think about glasses, contacts or lasik surtery - you
are truly blessed!


2 comments:

Cari Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cari Jean said...

I am writing to you to avail myself of my rights under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). This letter is a Notice of Infringement as authorized in §512 of the U.S. Copyright Law.

1. The copyrighted work at issue is the text that appears on:

https://discover.hubpages.com/health/Ten-Reasons-Wearing-Contact-Lenses-Glasses

2. The URLs where my copyrighted work is being infringed upon include:

http://myganstaprincess.blogspot.com/2011_11_01_archive.html

3. My contact information is as follows:

cari_bous@hotmail.com

4. I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.

5. I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

Cari Jean